9 tips for itchy sensitive scars!
Do you have a post-operative scar that is itchy, sensitive and making life uncomfortable?
If so, then you know how difficult it can be to find relief.
1. Keep the itchy area(s) moisturized by using gentle and non-irritating products such as petroleum jelly, aloe vera gel, or a hypoallergenic lotion made for sensitive skin.
2. Wear loose-fitting clothing to avoid any irritation from tight fabric against itchy scar tissue.
3. Avoid hot showers and baths, which can make itchy skin worse. Use warm water instead, and be sure to moisturize afterwards.
4. Use a cool compress on itchy areas as needed for relief.
5. Limit sun exposure on itchy scars, as this can cause further irritation or discomfort. Use sunscreen to protect itchy scars from the sun’s rays.
6. If a medical-grade silicone scar tape or sheet is available, it can be used to cover itchy areas and provide relief while helping with the healing process.
7. Avoid picking, scratching or rubbing itchy scar tissue as it can cause further irritation and damage the healing process.
8. Practice stress reduction techniques such as deep breathing, yoga, or meditation to help manage itchy sensations from scars.
9. Talk to a doctor if itchy sensations persist or become extreme as there may be underlying causes that need to be addressed.
Note: this content is intended only for informational purposes and it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before taking any actions.
Hope that helps!
Warmest wishes for good health
The Silikan Team